Ortofon Super OM 10E Cartridge and Stylus
- Regular price
- $ 79.99 USD
- Regular price
- Sale price
- $ 79.99 USD
- Unit price
• The series is the lowest-mass range of moving magnet cartridges offered by Ortofon.
• The OM cartridges bodies have been designed to provide easy mounting and alignment on both top mount and bottom mount headshells.
• The OM 10 Series provides excellent compatibility when used in an assortment of playback systems and with a wide variety of phono preamps.
Optimal fit and sound reproduction
If your tonearm has a standard headshell or a cartridge mount, then step up to optimal sound reproduction with OM’s. A glance at any one of these cartridges will reveal Ortofon's answer to perfect tonearm matching. Ingeniously tucked into the top of the mounting bracket is a tiny, removable weight-plate.
If your tonearm is a standard tonearm, just leave the weight-plate. If your tonearm is one of the low mass types, then simply remove the weight. The mass of your OM cartridge is now a mere 2.5g.
Super OM 10E features an Elliptical stylus that provides balanced and distortion-free playback. Elliptical diamonds are able to follow the groove oscillations more accurately than spherical diamonds due to their contoured shape. This results in better tracking and less distortion.
The Super OM 10E major improvements:
1. By means of computer simulations it has been possible to define the natural pivot point of the system with unprecedented accuracy while achieving an optimum oscillation balance. The result: improved linearity, higher channel separation and reduced distortion.
2. OM Super cartridges models have split pole PINs which reduces magnetic losses at the treble end. This technology extends the frequency range and improves phase linearity.
3. OM Super 10 cartridge body is manufactured from a Noryl (plastic & glass compound) which ensures high rigidity and freedom from resonances.
OM Super 10, 20, 30 and 40 technical data
|Technical data||OM Super 10||OM Super 20||OM Super 30||OM Super 40|
|Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec.||> 4 mV||> 4 mV||> 4 mV||> 4 mV|
|Channel balance at 1 kHz||< 1,5 dB||< 1,5 dB||< 1,0 dB||< 1,0 dB|
|Channel separation at 1 kHz||> 22 dB||> 25 dB||> 25 dB||> 25 dB|
|Frequency response||20-20,000Hz +3/-1 dB||20-20,000Hz +2/-1 dB||20-20,000Hz +2/-0 dB||20-20,000Hz +2/-1 dB|
|Tracking ability (315Hz, lateral)||> 70 µm||> 80 µm||> 90 µm||> 95 µm|
|Compliance, dynamic (lateral)||25 µm/mN||25 µm/mN||25 µm/mN||25 µm/mN|
|Stylus type||Elliptical||Nude Elliptical||Nude Fine Line||Nude FG 70|
|Stylus tip radius||r/R 8/18 µm||r/R 8/18 µm||r/R 8/40 µm||r/R 5/70 µm|
|Tracking force range||1,25-1,75 g||1,25-1,75 g||1,25-1,75 g||1,25-1,75 g|
|Recommended tracking force||1,5 g||1,5 g||1,5 g||1,5 g|
|Tracking angle (vertical)||20°||20°||20°||20°|
|Internal impedance, DC resistance||1 kOhm||1 kOhm||1 kOhm||1 kOhm|
|Internal inductance||580 mH||580 mH||580 mH||580 mH|
|Recommended load resistance||47 kOhm||47 kOhm||47 kOhm||47 kOhm|
|Recommended load capacitance||200 - 500 pF||200-500 pF||200-500 pF||200-500 pF|
|Cartridge weight including weight plate||5 g||5 g||5 g||5 g|
|Cartridge weight without weight plate||2,5 g||2,5 g||2,5 g||2,5 g|