I Only Listen to the Mountain Goats: All Hail West Texas [Color Vinyl]
- 2LP on Pink and Blue Color Vinyl
- Free Bonus sew-on Patch
Merge Records presents I Only Listen to the Mountain Goats: All Hail West Texas, a double-LP compiling the covers of each track from 2002's All Hail West Texas that will be unveiled during the first season of I Only Listen to the Mountain Goats, a unique new podcast from Night Vale Presents. I Only Listen to the Mountain Goats is a remarkable conversation series featuring Welcome to Night Vale and Alice Isn't Dead creator Joseph Fink and New York Times best-selling author John Darnielle, who is also the founder, lead singer, and songwriter for the Mountain Goats – and Fink's own personal artistic hero.
Season one focuses on the band's seminal All Hail West Texas album from 2002, and the conversations range from introspective to intense, and are always revelatory. Together, Fink and Darnielle take the listener on a deep dive into the world of creativity and the duality of being an artist and a fan, both by sharing their own creative processes and music-geek obsessions and through immersive chats with other notable musicians and writers.
Participating artists include Andrew Bird, Dessa, Carrie Elkin, Craig Finn, Laura Jane Grace, Holy Sons, Ibibio Sound Machine, Julian Koster, Loamlands, Erin McKeown, Mothers, Nana Grizol, Amanda Palmer, and Eliza Rickman & Jherek Bischoff.
- The Best Ever Death Metal Band in Denton (Laura Jane Grace)
- Fall of the Star High School Running Back (Loamlands)
- Color in Your Cheeks (Ibibio Sound Machine)
- Jenny (Erin McKeown)
- Fault Lines (Craig Finn)
- Pink and Blue (Mothers)
- Riches and Wonders (Eliza Rickman and Jherek Bischoff)
- The Mess Inside (Amanda Palmer)
- Jeff Davis County Blues (Julian Koster)
- Distant Stations (Andrew Bird)
- Blues in Dallas (Nana Grizol)
- Source Decay (Holy Sons)
- Absolute Lithops Effect (Carrie Elkin)