Angelo Badalamenti - Twin Peaks Fire Walk with Me: Original Soundtrack (180g Colored Vinyl 2LP)
The music for David Lynch's 1992 film Fire Walk With Me is an altogether more brooding affair than the Twin Peaks series soundtrack. Angelo Badalamenti, who also composed and conducted the music for the series, won a Grammy for the title track of this LP and it isn't hard to hear why - it's dangerous and bursting with smokey jazz thanks to vocalist Jimmy Scott. Death Waltz Recording Co. went back to the master tapes in the Warner Archives and had it recut to fit across two LPs as the score clocks in at 51 minutes. It sounds incredible and punchy, but super nuanced too.
From the brooding opening bars of the main "Fire Walk With Me Theme," Badalamenti's gorgeous, eerie score introduces us to a cinematic experience which significantly begins with the smashing of a television screen. Just as the "Main Title" from Blue Velvet echoed the Hitchcockian hues of Bernard Herrmann, so here we have just the slightest touch of Taxi Driver, as Jim Hynes' plaintive, keening trumpet soars above a landscape of melancholy keyboards, drawing us into a world which is at once alien and familiar.
NME placed Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me's score at No. 1 on their list of the '50 Best Film Soundtracks Ever', describing it as, "combining plangent beauty with a kind of clanking evil jazz, this is one of those endlessly evocative soundtracks that takes up residence in your subconscious and never leaves."
• Colored 180g 2LP-set
• Vinyl re-master by Tal Miller at Warner Archives
• Laquers cut by David Cheppa at Plush Vinyl
• Director approved artwork
• Composer approved audio
• Sleeve notes by film critic Mark Kermode (approved by David Lynch and Angelo Badalamenti)
• 425gsm Gatefold sleeve housed inside a bespoke black die cut outer jacket with black spot varnish finish, complete with obi strip
- Theme From Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
- The Pine Float
- Sycamore Trees
- Don't Do Anything (I Wouldn't Do)
- A Real Indication
- Questions in a World of Blue
- The Pink Room
- The Black Dog Runs at Night
- Best Friends
- Moving Through Time
- Montage From Twin Peaks (Girl Talk / Birds in Hell / Laura Palmer's Theme / Falling)
- The Voice of Love
We Also Recommend